Friday, September 22, 2006

Anything for Darin

The weather here in Wisconsin sucks. Sucks! Sucks! Sucks! September is supposed to be the month in which we get rewarded for a long, cold winter, a wet, cool spring and a hot and humid summer. September is usually brilliantly sunny, warm and dry. Not this year. Cold, wet, windy. Pick any two of the three from that list and you can describe every day this month. As I write this it's 55 degrees, heavy rain and winds of 17mph gusting to 23.

Since I can't ride my bike I thought I'd post a quick one just to make Darin happy (see his comment under the 9/17/06 entry). That's right Darin, complain that I haven't posted anything all week just so that you'll have something to do at work. Never mind that I've been working diligently on a couple of equipment reviews and a couple of political rants so that you and my other dear readers will have something to enjoy. Never mind that I've been working diligently at my job, traveling across the country just so I can feed my family. It's all about you, isn't it?

Noticing these two pretty views of the final sunset of Summer 2006 I actually stopped the car to snap some pictures, just for Darin;

CIMG0654 - Version 2CIMG0673 - Version 2

Even while stuck in construction zone traffic I was thinking about my next blog entry, just to please Darin;

CIMG0682 - Version 2

Then, just to please Darin, I spent hours scouring the internet for funny, cycling related videos. Here you go Darin. I hope that you're happy now;

Here's one of a knuckle-head wiping out before getting to the steps he was going to jump.

And here's one of a guy jumping his bike off of a rooftop.

And just because Elvis cares so deeply about Darin, Elvis himself, just for Darin, travelled all the way to Lambeau Field and smuggled in a camera (violating several State and Federal laws (not to mention the USA Patriot Act)), just to shoot this VIDEO of the Navy F18 flyover. For Darin.