Saturday, July 02, 2005

Stage One - Cudahy

The 'Prologue', of Stage 1 of the Tour de France is usually a short individual time trial. I only need 6 miles today.

The Velocity Cycling Team went to Cudahy, WI to race in a criterium. This is one of those races where the riders go around a city block for 45 minutes and then sprint to the finish. The pace is fast and crashes are frequent.

Having had a crash myself a few days ago my goal was to get back in the saddle and get over my new found fear of fast cornering.

True to form, this race saw six crashes. The first of which my teammate Scott was involved in. Scott, being Scott, quickly replaced his trashed wheel, got back in the race and then angrily sprinted for the win. Impressive.

I finished in the middle of the pack and killed the demons.

I did some easy miles in the evening. Total distance ridden: 30 miles. I'm already putting miles in the bank.

Beautiful moment of the day is when Scott managed to get back to the pack and I was able to provide a bit of help by pulling him to the front. It feels good to have an influence on a race, no matter how small.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home