Sunday, July 03, 2005

Stage Two - Whitewater

Today saw the Velocity Cycling Team head to Whitewater, WI for a road race.

I'm not much of a climber on the bike. Hills of most any kind will find me getting dropped from the main group of riders (called the 'peloton'). As this race was billed as having "torturous" climbs I expected to be off the back of the peloton.

As it turned out, the hills weren't too bad and I was able to stay with the peloton and finished 22nd out the 59 starters. The Velocity Director, Russ, was the highest finisher on the team when he came in 12th.

I again rode a little in the evening and ended up with 57 for the day. I needed 56 so another 1 mile goes in the bank.

The children of Velocity riders Scott and Russ showed up at the race today and provided the beauty. Every time the peloton rode by, the kids could be heard screaming, "Go Velocity!" It really is great to hear those kids yelling encouragement as you're suffering on the bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home