Monday, April 24, 2006

Evening Ride / Colnago Update

It was the loveliest evening that you could ask for. Light breezes and 72 degrees. Sunshine putting that little golden glow on everything, birds whistling blissfully with their mates and bugs getting into my hair and teeth. But I'm not complaining. Spring is everywhere and if that means bugs I'll take it.

48 miles riding about the rolling hills surrounding West Bend with two highlights; first, I was cycling along swampland and the singing of the frogs was as loud as I've ever heard it. I actually stopped to take it all in. If you're familiar with frog song you know that when one frog stops singing, they all do. One must have noticed me and stopped singing. Hundreds at a time stopped and I could hear the singing get fainter as if a ripple in the water. The sound stopping at the epicenter and moving outwards until the deafening noise had turned into deafening silence. Cool.

Second, for the first time this year I rode through breezes filled with the sweet smell of lilac. Easily my favorite scent. It signifies, spring, rebirth, the coming of summer and wonderfully pink and purple blossoms. I wish I could put a scratch and sniff tab on the web site so that you could all share it.

Alright, enough of the sappy stuff (note the pun), on to the Colnago. Here it is at the present time;

c50a

The Boss picked up some new pedals for me so I'll put those on tomorrow. Otherwise, I'm still in a holding pattern awaiting the handlebars. Hope to have them in hand on Thursday or Friday. Then it's an hour or two of work and it should be ready for the break-in ride. Yippee!

Question: I heard once that the label of the tires should go on either the left side (port) or the right side (starboard). Trouble is, I can't remember which. Anyone know? I think it's just an insider or fashion thing but still, might as well do it right. As you can see I've got them on the right side so I hope that is correct.

Labels: