Monday, May 15, 2006

Circuit of Sauk #1 Race Report

From Russ;

Very tough first lap, fairly fast up the big climb about 4 miles in. But
the almost continuous upgrade for the next 4 miles was very tough at a high
speed. I believe a large portion of the 52 starters survived the first 14
mile lap though. The Boss and I were in the sweet spot at the front
approaching the big hill on lap two and the Brazen Dropouts boys hit it first
then another rider went all out. I went as hard as I could and the guy was still
widening the gap. I went over the top 2nd behind him, and a few guys and
myself bridged up, but the next uphill shortly after had me fading
into a second group. For most of the rest of the way myself and two other
guys chased the small lead group of 5 or 6. We got close a couple of times.
Near the end of the race another small group caught us. Anyway... I
finished 13th and the Boss was 16th.

Official Results:

Russ 6th in category 13th overall
Barry 8th in category 16th overall
Mike 2nd in category 26th overall

Labels: