Friday, July 08, 2005

Stage 7 - West Bend X2

I feel terrible today. I've got no energy and I'm doubting whether I can see this thing through.

I did 30 miles this morning and 32 this evening. I needed 71 so I was a little short, although I still have about 40 miles in the bank.

It now takes my legs about 15 miles to warm up (used to be about 5 miles).

I'm not hungry but I try to eat. My sleep is restless at best.

None of these are good signs and I hope it is just a short period of time while my body is adjusting to the added workload.

My pee is still clear so at least I'm drinking enough.

The fatigue and general malaise makes it tough to keep my bike in shape. My rear derailleur needs adjusting, a bottle cage is making some noise, the front wheel needs adjusting and the entire bike is filthy. I just don't have the energy to go out in the garage and work on my bike.

Lance and the rest of those Tour riders don't have this problem. They get new bikes and world class mechanics to keep them in peak condition. Wussies.

I saw my good friend Annie out on the road today. She's an avid cyclist and likes to get out when she can. We passed while I was on the return leg of my evening ride. Being almost done for the day and seeing her smiling face was indeed a thing of beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home