Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Stage 10 - Dousman

The weather forcast was for rain all day and wouldn't you know it, in a quirk of fate the meteorologists were right.

A work related commitment required me to be in Sheboygan and Manitowoc today. The Velocity group ride was in the evening but I still needed an additional 15 miles.

Rain jacket; $20.00. Clear lenses for riding in the rain; $15.00. The look on my lovely wife Peggy's face when she realized that I was about to go for a ride in the morning rain; priceless. "You've got a problem", was all that she could say.

The rain cleared up just in time for the Velocity group ride. 9 guys showed up for a 'conversation pace' ride. About 25 miles into the 45 mile ride the conversing stopped and the hammering began. At least the miles go by quickly.

I felt pretty good given the speed (21 mph) and heart rate (150 bpm). Although I think that I'm developing some saddle sores. This could become a major roadblock if they get worse.

I'll begin by washing with anti-bacterial soap and then applying some anti-fungal cream. I'm also going to try using some Udderly Smooth cream that I got at a race. It's supposed to be great for saddle sores.

Beautiful moment? Nothing beats riding at 30 mph in a Velocity paceline.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blame Russ for the pick-up in pace - he just doesn't know how to go slow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home